Photo By Todd Ratermann ©
Fannin County, Texas - 1841, H.M. Pettigrew, 31 died from
rattlesnake bite received while clearing land.
Nancy Wright, 4, July 10th 1845, died of rattlesnake bite.
- Texas - George Sides, 6, died May 30th 1873 of
Parker County, Texas - 10/24/1854, Maggie Lee died from
rattlesnake bite. First child to die in Parker County, Texas.
Augusta County, Virginia - 1859, William A. Perrin killed
by rattlesnake bite at Stribling Springs.
- Saline County, Kansas - Frederick Louis Niemann, died
in 1873 from rattlesnake bite.
Texas - July 1882, James Ananias Brannon, 2, died from
rattlesnake bite received while lying on a blanket.
Kansas? - Rebecca O. Andrews, (about)28, Died from
rattlesnake bite around 1890.
- Virginia - July 9 1907, Mary Bull, 12, died from
rattlesnake bite, Buried in Shenandoah County.
- Wisconsin - only one known rattlesnake bite fatality in
Wisconsin since 1900.
- North Dakota? - 6/1913,
two Wilson children bitten and died while family sleeping on
Billings County, North Dakota - 1915, Helen Moomey, 4,
died from rattlesnake bite received while playing with friends
near her house.
Pickens County, South Carolina - July 1928, Rebecca
Nimmons, 19 was Killed by rattlesnake bite.
Edna M Conklin, 4, died from rattlesnake bite
- Utah - 3 fatal rattlesnake bites reported during the
- Lafayette County, Florida - Jerry Frier, 7, died June
22nd 1943 of rattlesnake bite.
- Ontario - Only two known fatalities due to rattlesnake
- Utah - 1 fatal rattlesnake bite reported in Utah in the
- Lakewood, Florida - September 2000,
2 year old Derrick Lema was bitten in the thigh by a Diamondback rattlesnake
while helping his dad in their back yard.
- Riverside County, California - May 2003, man killed by
Putnam County, Florida - October 2005 Joe Guidry, 54,
County fire marshall, went to help a neighbor who had spotted a
rattlesnake while mowing the grass. Guidry shot at the snake and
it went under a shed. when he reached for it he was bitten and venom
went directly into a vein.